miércoles, 11 de mayo de 2011

Alternatives in Santiago

HEY!
Today, I have to talk about Santiago and its main places. Ir first, I have to say I did arrive in Santiago 5 years ago. I'm a "provincial student", especifically I come from Valdivia, and it`s very important to understand my personal experiences in Santiago.
To be honest, the first time that I visited Santiago I did feeling afraid and the city seemed to me enormous. Certainly, this city is too much expansive, but not necessarily we have to feel afraid on this. When I was arriving to the bus terminal in Alameda I felt very nervous and anxious. In general, my mother accompained me on the trip because both came to Santiago to visit my sister. She has lived in Santiago 15 years ago (aproximately).
Nevertheless, now I think that Santiago is a great city, with a lot of alternatives to enjoy. The problem is the expensive costs of this enjoy, because the places to visit are not for all the people. In this sense, is so relevant the fact of the distances in the city; I think it´s problematic for people living in the periphery when they want to get the opportunities of the center. The museums, parks, and cultural activities are concentrated in the center. For example, I like to go to the Forestal Park but not all the people can do it. Also, I like to go to "Quebrada de Macul" or another places outside the urban zone. But the people in general not adventaje these near landscapes.
I think that santiago offer some alternatives that people don`t know. And, on other hand, there are many alternatives that I don´t know...obviously. But I`m happy with Forestal Park, "Quebrada de Macul" and going to soccer matches on the stadiums.

that`s all!!
see you in class!
IVO

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario